Thursday, January 15, 2009

Are you happy?

2008 is long gone. It was a year of great achievements and loss. Just like a roller coaster. Good thing I've got off the ride.

Doing an autopsy on last year's performance I saw a small but important thing I missed when I set up my plan for the year. I planned my career, finance, family but neglected my HEALTH. What should have been the first thing in my plan was missing entire year. Now it's teasing me with a couple of trips to the doctor and seasoned advise from my granny.

Ok, main thing I decided for the 2009 was to ask myself "Are you happy?", "Will you be happy?", "Will this make others happy?" for the things I'll do, I'll plan.

'Happiness does not depend on the size or content of a goal, but on the strength of the desire to have it.' -Simon Soloveychik
Twentieth century teacher, philosopher and publicist Simon Soloveychik was a graduate of Moscow State University and is best known for his life's work Parenting for Everyone, a book that espoused his insights on how to teach children in a scientific but extremely humanistic and practical manner.

No comments: